Apply for Financial Aid
As a first-year applicant, you must visit the following secure websites to enter financial information for yourself and both parents:
Financial aid applicants who submit all requirements by the specified deadlines and are accepted under Early Decision or Regular Decision may expect to receive their financial aid notification along with their admission decision.
Lafayette College guarantees to meet the financial need of students admitted under Early Decision and Regular Decision who adhere to the following deadlines:
Early Decision Applicants
- Submit PROFILE and mail 2011 tax returns and W-2s to Lafayette College by Nov. 15 for Early Decision I, or by Jan. 15 for Early Decision II
- Feb. 15: Submit FAFSA
- March 5: Submit 2012 federal tax returns through IDOC
Regular Decision Applicants
- Dec. 15: Regular Decision applicants submit PROFILE online. Priority consideration will be given to international students applying for financial aid by the admission application priority deadline of Dec. 15, but applications will be accepted until Jan. 15. Lafayette meets the full demonstrated financial need of international students through a combination of loan, job, and grant aid. Aid is extremely competitive and may impact the admission decision.
- April 1: Submit PROFILE and FAFSA for fall admission
- Oct. 1: Submit PROFILE and FAFSA for spring admission
Your expected family contribution is determined using information from the PROFILE and your tax returns. The FAFSA determines eligibility for federal and state programs. The CollegeBoard IDOC service collects federal tax returns and schedules and transmits the information to all the colleges that use the service.
Lafayette requires financial information from both parents, so when a student’s parents are divorced, separated, or never married, the custodial parent must file the PROFILE and FAFSA and the noncustodial parent must file the Noncustodial PROFILE. Both must submit 2012 federal tax returns along with schedules and W-2s through IDOC. Business owners must also submit corporate/partnership tax returns.
If you are seeking federal loans only, the FAFSA is the only required document. If selected for federal verification, you will be asked to submit additional information.
Athletic Scholarship Recipients
- File the FAFSA by Feb. 15
- File the FAFSA by April 20
Financial aid recipients must reapply for aid each academic year
Returning International Students
- Feb. 1: Submit the PROFILE
Financial aid consideration is based on the approved costs for a full year of study at Lafayette College. Aid for study abroad is limited to faculty–led and approved affiliated programs and is capped at Lafayette’s cost. Some programs may be more expensive than Lafayette College; students selecting such programs will be responsible for any amount beyond Lafayette’s costs. The Financial Aid and Study Abroad offices will be happy to review financing options.
Office of Financial AidLafayette College
107 Markle Hall
Easton, PA 18042
Fax: (610) 330-5758
Please include student's full name and Lafayette ID number with your inquiry.
CSS Profile: 2361